Thursday, July 24, 2014

Appreciation

The other day, I was driving on autopilot. You know what I mean - when you are driving, and paying attention to the road enough to do it correctly, but mentally just somewhere else? Well, I don't even remember what I was all up in my head about, but I took a wrong turn. My autopilot was taking me home instead of to the store where I had intended to go.

I got frustrated with myself. I didn't really want to go to the store anyway, because I just wanted to be home, but then to have to turn around... ugh.

But then, I saw this.


A true GAGGLE of geese.



I got out of my car and started walking towards them.


There were just so many of them.



Plus, they were more interested in whatever grass seeds were on the ground than in the threat of me walking towards them.


Eventually, I got close enough that they did start reluctantly walking away, but none of them flew off like they normally would.


They were beautiful geese.


 But, I ended up being really glad that I took that wrong turn.


 It was just a nice reminder to always appreciate life for what it throws at you.


Like Forrest said...(Well, Forrest said his Momma said) "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

No comments:

Post a Comment